Frank Jacob Rosenstine

Tappan Zee HS 1955 Graduate
Recent Photo:

   Click on Mailbox To eMail Frank.
Frank Jacob Rosenstine
My name is Frank Jacob Rosenstine. I was born on April 29, 1937 in Bronx, New York.

From the 4th - 8th grades I was at St. Dominics in Blauvelt, New York. When I was in high school I was at St. Agnes in Sparkill, New York and attended Tappan Zee in Piermont, New York.

After high school I enlisted in the Navy on July 7, 1955 and my first ship was the USS Fort Mandan LSD-21. My next duty station was the Naval Air Station at Gitmo, Cuba. While I was stationed Castro stopped our water supply. There was no fresh water, but plenty of beer to go around. Next I was off to the Naval Reserve Training Center in Stamford, Connecticut. Two more ships to flow were the USS PONCHATOULA AO-148 and the USS DELIVER ARS-23.

On September 10, 1965 I married my wife, Marie and gained my instant family with three sons, ages 12, 11 & 5. Next I was on the USS CONE DD-866, and shortly after, on December 6, 1967 we gave birth to our daughter Lori.

My last ship was the USS SURIBACHI AE-21. My last duty station was the Charleston Naval Base from which I retired from the Navy, after twenty years of service, on June 6, 1975 as a Senior Chief Radioman.

Then I worked at the Charleston Naval Shipyard from April 12, 1976 through February 29, 1992 and the Naval Weapon Station from March 1, 1992 through September 3, 1997 from which I retired after twenty years of Civil Service.

In March of 2002 I had a massive stroke, which left me unable to communicate and I was almost completely paralyzed on my right side. After many months in both the hospital and a rehabilitation hospital, I was finally allowed to go home, but continued out patient therapy for over a year later. I now have complete, unassisted mobility, and work out at the gym almost every day walking anywhere from 5-9 miles on the treadmill. My speech is somewhat limited but I always find a way to get my point across, especially my jokes. This past April I participated in the Cooper River Bridge Run/Walk here in Charleston, South Carolina. It was a 4.5 mile walk across the Cooper River Bridge and through downtown Charleston. My daughter and I walked it together to celebrate my recovery from my stroke.

I now live in Goose Creek (near Charleston), South Carolina with my wife, Marie. We have four children, nine grandchildren and five great grandchildren and we are enjoying retired life.